If you are interested in running for office in the Clarington Municipal Election, we encourage you to review the Candidates' Manual to learn more about the forms and documents listed below in the Candidate Information Package.
Candidate Information Package
Printed copies of the Candidate Information Package are available at the Municipal Administrative Centre. We encourage candidates to make an appointment to ensure a printed copy is ready and available for you to pick up. Please call 905-697-4747 to book an appointment.
- Nomination Forms:
- Municipality of Clarington Candidates’ Manual
- Maps and Signs and Advertising
- Financial Forms and Information
- Other Forms
- Policies and Procedures
- Accessibility Information
- Clarington’s Municipal Elections Accessibility Plan
- A “Candidates Guide to Accessible Elections”, produced jointly by AMCTO and the Province of Ontario
- AODA’s “Accessible Campaign Information and Communication”
- An “Accessible All Candidates Meetings” document provided by the Accessibility Directorate of Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services
- An “Accessible Constituency, Riding Association, Central Party and Campaign Offices” document provided by the Accessibility Directorate of Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services
- External Resources
Note: The information provided in this package is prepared for convenience only. For complete and accurate reference, a review of the applicable Provincial legislation should be conducted. The onus is on persons intending to run for office to ensure they are qualified and that all forms being submitted are complete and accurate. Only one copy of each component is provided. The candidate is responsible for making additional copies.